Tuesday 7 February 2012

CAMBOX files to AIFF or WAV

I love the CAMBOX app for iPhone. I like it so much I want to extend the app into my music making.
But there is a problem, you can't get the sounds out of it, in a smart way.

I found a way... Takes a few clicks but it's worth it...

1) Go into CAMBOX and select "my kits"
2) Select the kit you want to save as audio
3) Click the blue arrow and select "share"
4) Send the email to your mac
5) Save the .CBK file to the desktop, rename the file type as .ZIP
6) Extract it
7) In the folder you will se a bunch of .MOV files.. Well they don't work in my music app. (Reason). Lets fix that.
8) Download the free App http://www.mediahuman.com (it's free)
9) In MHAC > preferences. Make the following changes:


















10) All you have to do now is drop the .MOV files from the folder you extracted to the desktop into MHAC and the source files will be converted to AIFF (or what format you chosen in the prefrences)
This will also delete the .MOV files keeping things clean. (delete the rest of the files manualy if you want to.

11) Go nuts in Reason or another app :)

No comments:

Post a Comment